Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Windows, Windows Everywhere!

I've decided it's a sign that I'm old when I'm so dang excited about getting new windows for my condo. They were installed on Saturday and I finally hung the new curtains tonight. Well, except for the kitchen window which will have blinds. I've just run out of steam tonight.

Here is a picture of the naked kitchen window. Yes, that yellow is the color of my kitchen and dining room and my cabinets are just like the cabinets we had in the old house on 600 South. In fact, my condo was built in 1978 too so it must have been a good year for whoever came up with this dark walnut look cabinets. They've grown on me and I plan on sanding and refinishing in the same dark. They just need a bit of a refresh.
Photobucket

Next we have the living room with a lovely sage green and a dark tan combo. The walls in here will soon be a dark rusty red, so neutrals will be needed for some sanity.
Photobucket

Next we have Malia's room. She's moved on from the orange and pink that was her Dora the Explorer decor to Tinkerbell in a great purple and limey green. I can't express my joy at the lessened amount of pink going on in her room. Suffice to say, it's a large amount. The wall those are on will be a pastel violet color when I get around to painting the rest of the room.
Photobucket

Finally we have my room. I've gone with chocolate and ruby combo. I've revised my original plan for the bedroom slightly by adding in chocolate to kind of calm things down. The wall these curtains on will be a dark jewel tone purple, two other walls will be the chocolate brown and the final wall will be striped with the purple, ruby red, and a jewel tone orange as well.
Photobucket

Hopefully you have enjoyed your view of proof that I am getting old. I love these windows!!!!!

No comments: