Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fun with food and school

Due to many requests, here is a link to the recipe for the peach cobbler. Instead of the pineapple and cherries use peaches. I generally try to use enough to cover the bottom of a 13x9 pan. It's like 6-8 good size peaches. Hale peaches work the best.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Spiced-Pineapple-Upside-Down-Cake

I also add 1/4 tsp of cloves to the cake batter and I grind a little pepper over the top of the peaches before I put the cake batter on. I don't even bother to try to turn it over. Peaches are way juicier than pineapple so it isn't as sturdy as it would be with pineapple.

I also just found out this afternoon that my student loan went through for school. I get tuition reimbursement from work, but still have to pay out of pocket up front so I was kind of stressing things what with the economy tanking and all that fun stuff. Yay me!

Unrelated, this picture just completely cracks me up. Thanks to a co-worker for sending it my way! The eyes!



No comments: