Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quickie - Malia ties her first bow!

Earlier this evening Malia asked me if I could help her by showing her again how to tie a bow. She's got little ties on the front of her pants and just decided she wanted to do it. She's tried before in the past but got frustrated and decided to wait until she got older. Apparently she was old enough tonight. I showed her the easy two bunny ears method and after about ten minutes she managed a half tie, but couldn't get both sides of the bow quite right.

Well after a couple hours of practicing she just came in to show me her very first bow that she ever tied by herself. I, being the dork that I am, took a picture:
















She then untied it and retied it and I took another picture:















Yay, how's that for perseverance?

No comments: