Thursday, November 6, 2008

I know I'm behind on stuff

But it's not my fault! My harddrive went out on my laptop so it was in the shop from last Friday until Tuesday. Then I spent Tuesday and Wednesday nights feverishly getting my music and pictures back on my laptop from my ipod because I'm too cheap to pay several hundred dollars for someone to pull apart my old harddrive and pull the information directly off the whatever they are called. Which isn't as easy as it should be. Apple.

I still haven't gotten them reorganized because don't think I can find a program that would keep the same organization, but at least I didn't lose anything. I think except for this one sweet background that I'll have to search the tubes for again. Also, I've lost my CD with my Leopard upgrade so things don't look the same and I'm floundering a bit. Grr!

Anyway, I hope to be back blogging and putting up all the fun pumpkin carving and Halloween adventures by this weekend at least.

Also, and sorry to get all political again, but I'm way excited. Yay for President-elect Barack Obama! Regardless of your thoughts about him, please take a look at the website he's put up for his transition. It appears to be set up for regular updating. I think I'm a bit more excited about this aspect of his presidency than just about anything else. The internet is becoming more and more a part of everyone's lives and I like his apparent desire to keep transparency with what he's doing and continuing his message that it's about all of us doing something. He's asking for our input and I think we should give it to him. I'll step down from my mini soapbox now, and sorry, but this is the first time in a long time that I've had a lot of hope in what the government can do for Americans.

1 comment:

John Hummel said...

That's why you were complaining about the speed of importing music.