Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sometimes they write themselves

A conversation I just had with the rugrat on the way back to my parents after her cousin Hannah's birthday party:

Me: I don't feel well. I will probably go to bed soon after we get to Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Rugrat: You must be pregnant.
Me: No, I am not pregnant.
RR: Are you sure? Aunt Kami doesn't feel well and she is pregnant.
Me: I know she is, but I am not pregnant.
RR: How do you know? You could be.
Me: Trust me, I know I am not.
RR: Are you really sure? You never know.
Me: I know. Look, you are 5 and I am not explaining how I know until you are older.
RR: When will you tell me? When I am 12?
Me: Sure. I have a book or two I'll let you read.
RR: Oh MAN! You always make me wait so long to tell me ANYTHING.

I dread her teenage years.

Picture is of my niece, Hannah, in her birthday princess crown.

1 comment:

Mandy B said...

I get the biggest kick out of the 4-6 year old questions about babies and where they come from. I love the responses parents come up with even better. Then the retorts from the kids, the best! My sis told her little girl pretty much EVERYTHING and now she is pretty sure mik is going to be on birth control at my sissie's insistence at 12 lol.