Friday, September 12, 2008

This is what procrastination on my part gets you...

It's a blog of all blogs today. Seeing as I've been behind on updating with many fun adventures. Also, these are not in any order other than the one I've inadvertantly created by uploading the pictures associated.

Malia and I went to the Willow Park Zoo in Logan a few months ago. We happened to be there on a day of fun where they had a Curious George theme going. We spent the majority of the time there avoiding the dude dressed as the Man in the Yellow Hat and the one dressed as a clown. Malia wasn't too bothered by the clown guy, but he bore WAY too much resemblance to Pennywise for my comfort level. That aside it was nice to wander through and check out all the birds. They don't have many animals, but it's a peaceful little zoo. Malia loves the playground there because there are swings and slides and apparently it gets no better in life than that. This picture was taken at the tail end of the trip which you can see in the what the crap are you making me do mother? look on Malia's face:

Photobucket


A couple weeks ago on the one weekend in August we didn't head up to Brigham, Malia and I hit up the Hogle Zoo. Do you sense a theme here? If not, wake up. We wandered around as usual and she harassed me into taking a picture of her sitting on the brass Tiger statues in the Asian Highlands. The Asian Highlands is the newer area they built over the original cat house. Yes dad, I said it, the cat house! Is it bad that I'm 32 years old, but I still have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy?

Photobucket


Another fun day was the day eBay had our summer employee party at Lagoon. This was Malia's first trip to Lagoon and she absolutely loved it. Her favorite parts of the day were riding on the Puff the Fire Dragon kids coaster and the Log Flume Ride where my butt got all wet. She barely got wet at all, but was more than a little excited that I ended up with water soaking both sides and the butt of my pants. I am pretty sure it took at least an hour to all dry. Malia was excited that they had hot dogs at the BBQ so all was good in the world even though she said the train ride was not as fun as the one at Hogle Zoo. Here is the lone picture I managed during the whole day:

Photobucket

Well over a year ago my sister Kami had a party celebrating Hannah's blessing. There was much fun and I just found this picture I snapped of my cousin's boy Cayden wearing Malia's princess crown. No real story there, just thought it was funny. You can also see in the picture that this is pre-hair chopping off for Malia.

Photobucket


Another phone picture I discovered. This is one of Malia's favorite outfits to wear:

Photobucket


My most recent adventure was not one really involving Malia except that it was for her class at school. Her teacher asked if I could help out with some things at home since my work schedule doesn't really allow for me to come help in the classroom during the day. Of course I said I would do what I could. I received a stack of 12 of these:

Photobucket

Which I then was tasked with tearing out all the pages and grouping them together by page number. Do you know how much fingers hurt after spending 3 1/2 hours tearing about reading workbooks? I still don't understand why they can't give the kids the actual books instead of just the individual papers at a time. Did I mention there are 151 pages in this thing? ARGH! Anyway, here is what I ended up with:

Photobucket

I also made the apparently inappropriate choice of working on these while sitting on my bed and sort of watching TV. Have any of you seen that Hole in the Wall show on Fox? It's painfully addictive and even though it hurt to watch, I couldn't bring myself to change the channel. Especially the larger people who it doesn't matter how you bend, there is no way your fat butt is fitting through that hole. Anyway, since after tearing out the first book one page at a time I came up with the brilliant plan to just use a razor blade to slice through the pages instead. I say brilliant because I managed to not cut myself one single time. Anyone who knows me knows how impressive this is. Unfortunately the razor cuts didn't always match so I ended up creating a little bit of confetti... which I now get to sleep with each night until I change my sheets because I can't get it all off.

Photobucket

Maybe I'll keep up to date better so you all don't get marathon posts like this to slog your way through.

No comments: